Poem: Return of the Darkness

Swaying, chugging, whistling,

tunneling through darkness,

Within and beyond.

Naipaul on the berth, Nokia in the palms,

Kenny Rogers in the air.

 

Rhythm of rail in my bones,

familiar journey, yet unfamiliar senses.

Rattling fans, clunky iron wheels

Bending my legs, I longed for

familiarities of home, when

 

ordure and urine smell found my nose.

And eyes looked towards its source.

Saw a face glow, with the lonely light,

erupting from the loo, against the ivory face.

Hairs unmoved, scarf caught in the wind.

The face entered, the darkness returned.

Comments

  1. Lovely.. gives the feel of a train journey.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great flow of words Raj da.I too feel like m on a train with the same thoughts rolling through my mind

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Assam-Still in the making?

Twilight Existences

Did I love you?