Notes on Lost Highway

This note is to explain the title and inspiration behind it. Its not an original title. I have actually used the title of one of my favorite movies, which I am sure many of you gus already are aware of! This is the imdb link to the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116922/
It is directed by David Lynch. A dear friend from Norway introduced me to him and since then I have been completely hooked to his work. He is literally the 'dream merchant' which infact most folks in showbiz are aslo known as. But Dave (thats what I call him) is 'The Real Dream Merchant'. He sells us his vision of dreams through his movies. And his dreams err movies are in some ways real inspiration to let people dream!
His movies looks more like a visual poetry..full of layers, not just vertically placed one above others but also layers which merge and unclasp seamlessly, overlapping from all possible directions...more like a complex three dimensional mesh of visuals transcending dreams and realities effortlessly. Its one thing to dream, its totally different thing to make people love your dreams. For us, just making folks believe in our dreams proves so tough. But this Dave dude, he not just creates this unenviable images of dreams but also sells it! He is freaking living off his dreams man!
But that's besides the point. I just wanted all to know that this poem is a direct result of the inspiration gained through his movies. Dave taught me to dream, to imagine this life as a dream, to live life like a dream, to dream like its a life or to imagine the dream as real lives or just dream to dream....I know..what the hell guys..by this time you already have realized that I am screwed anyways! Just go out there and start dreaming i f you haven't already :)
Image source: Wikicommons (http://commons.wikimedia.org)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Assam-Still in the making?

Twilight Existences

Did I love you?